Vintage Lace and Pearl Trees
Posted by Debra Quartermain on July 27, 2017
Welcome to an exciting week, Christmas in July with the Expo Design Team over on the Crafts ‘n Coffee blog! (Insert link https://craftsncoffee.com/ ) We are celebrating with some festive projects using our trims and STYROFOAM TM brand foam and a great giveaway! You can read all about how this all came about when Crafts ‘n Coffee took a road trip and visited Designer Debra Quartermain at her B&B, Quartermain House. Read all about it here. (link https://craftsncoffee.com/2017/07/21/road-trip-recap-a-visit-with-designer-debra-quartermain-and-a-stay-at-the-quartermain-house-bb/)
In the Spring, I shared a Vintage Lace Wreath, it hangs in my “Parlor” and Crafts ‘n Coffee shares a photo of it in their recap. I love the lace and pearl trims so I designed a couple of trees to go along with the wreath for the mantel and to celebrate Christmas in July of course!
You will need:
Alice Classic Woven Braid: IRI901 Pink (optional), IRI901 Khaki 2 yards
Vintage Roses with Pearl Bridal Lace Trim: 4 yards IRI7060WH
http://www.expointl.com/1-5-8-vintage-roses-w-pearl-bridal-lace-trim-off-white/Brisa Woven braid IR8033
9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt: 3 Antique White
STYROFOAM brand foam: 6” disc, 8” and 4” cones
Fabri-Tac Adhesive by Beacon
2 empty thread spools
1 bamboo skewer
Pins, Scissors, Ruler.
- 1.Begin by using foam disc as template and draw circle to cover top and bottom with felt. Glue in place.
- 2.Glue two rows of Alice Khaki braid around disc edge. This looks so elegant!
- 3.Cut two strips of felt to wrap around each spool. Place, trim off excess and glue. Cover bottom of each spool with a felt circle. Cut a piece of Alice braid to wrap around bottom of spool. Glue.
- 4.Lay 8’ cone on piece of felt. Roll to cover with felt trimming off excess. Glue in place. Cut circle to cover bottom of tree. Measure and cut a piece of lace to wrap around bottom of cone. Glue in place. Keep adding layers overlapping slightly. Glue spool to center bottom of tree.
- 5.For small tree begin wrapping and gluing pearl trim in a continuous row to cover the entire tree. Cover bottom of tree with felt circle. Glue spool trunk to center bottom of tree. Cut skewer in half and insert through center of spool into tree leaving a 1” to insert into disc. Remove trees for storage.
Go on over and visit Crafts ‘n Coffee (https://craftsncoffee.com/ ) check out the Christmas in July designs and enter the giveaway too! We would love to hear what you will be crafting for the holidays. Need any trim, you can order by the yard right on our website, how easy is that! Thanks for stopping by! Debra