DIY Pom Pom Party Hats
Posted by Debra Quartermain on November 02, 2017
My favorite trim is ball pom or pom pom trim, I just love those little soft balls hanging from the braid. Whatever you add the trim to, it is instantly fun, bright and cheery! And the colors, gorgeous, festive, hard to choose. Imagine my excitement to see the new pom pom trim with multicolor balls.
That calls for a CELEBRATION! Celebrations require party hats and with such a cute trim to use I chose some pretty patterned felt in polka dot, stripes and stars to go with the trim. These hats are very sturdy and can be used over and over again!
You will need:
1 yard Lorelli Pompom fringe trim per hat http://www.expointl.com/lorelli-pompom-fringe-trim-3-4/
9” x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Felt Coordinates: (1 per hat) White Star Yellow, White Dot Candy Pink, White Stripe Lagoon
1” Pom pom per hat
Scissors, pencil, measuring tape, paper party hat for pattern or a downloadable template (Pinterest)
- 1.Use pattern to draw hat on back of each piece of felt and cut out hat.
- 2.Glue trim along lower edge of hat. Repeat with second layer to make pom pom trim nice and full around hat bottom.
- 3.Cut some pom poms off the excess trim and glue three to center of hat.
- 4.Overlap sides of hat and glue.
- 5.Glue larger pom pom on top.
Optional, add elastic or ribbon to tie the hat in place. Ta dah! Quick and easy! Theses would also make a cute party favor for the kids to take home. Cut some banner pieces and use the pom pom trim to attach them together.
Till next time, keep creating!